The Big Berkey is the most popular Berkey water purifying system, and with good reason. It’s the perfect size for up to four people, a cinch to set up, and its highly polished food-grade stainless steel exterior looks great in any setting.
Berkey water purifiers are, quite simply, the best you can buy. These powerhouses remove harmful chemicals (herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes) and reduce nitrates and heavy metals (lead and mercury) in your water, while leaving in the beneficial minerals you need. Most systems feature interchangeable filters to let you configure the filtering capabilities to target specific contaminants like PF2 arsenic and flouride. Berkey water purifiers let you hydrate the way nature intended: with the fresh, pure, mineral-rich water, free of chemicals and additives.
Big Berkey Details:
- Material: highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity: 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes: upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey system can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey system can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired