The compact Travel Berkey fits in most suitcases, so you can create fresh, pure drinking water no matter where your travels take you. Its small footprint makes it a great choice for small homes and apartments, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies.
Berkey water purifiers are, quite simply, the best you can buy. These powerhouses remove harmful chemicals (herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes) and reduce nitrates and heavy metals (lead and mercury) in your water, while leaving in the beneficial minerals you need. Most systems feature interchangeable filters to let you configure the filtering capabilities to target specific contaminants like PF2 arsenic and flouride. Berkey water purifiers let you hydrate the way nature intended: with the fresh, pure, mineral-rich water, free of chemicals and additives.
Travel Berkey Details:
- Material: highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity: 1.5 gallons
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 12" in height
- Maximum fliters: 2 Black Berkey Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, stainless steel lid, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 18"
- Diameter: 7.5"
- Weight: 6.13 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-3 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 33-66 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Travel Berkey system can produce up to 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to two PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired