The versatile Royal Berkey system is ideal for use at home with medium-sized families of two to four people, for travel and outdoor activities, or during unexpected emergencies. This purifying workhorse boasts a little more capacity than it’s closest counter party, the Big Berkey, to offer families and groups a slightly faster and more plentiful source of fresh, pure water.
Berkey water purifiers are, quite simply, the best you can buy. These powerhouses remove harmful chemicals (herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes) and reduce nitrates and heavy metals (lead and mercury) in your water, while leaving in the beneficial minerals you need. Most systems feature interchangeable filters to let you configure the filtering capabilities to target specific contaminants like PF2 arsenic and flouride. Berkey water purifiers let you hydrate the way nature intended: with the fresh, pure, mineral-rich water, free of chemicals and additives.
Royal Berkey Details:
- Material: highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity: 3.25 gallons (12.3 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 15.25" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chamber, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 2 blocking plugs, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 23"
- Diameter: 9.5"
- Weight: 8 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 2-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 100-200 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Royal Berkey system can purify up to 4 gallons (15.1 liters) per hour
- Configured with 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Royal Berkey system can purify up to 8 gallons ( 30.3 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters can be installed in the lower chamber if desired